Dr Meir Cohen an Israeli Plastic Surgeon
Welcome to my web site
Plastic Surgery is a surgical specialty that deals with reconstruction of misfortune patients with congenital and traumatic deformities (that is what I do in Schneider Children’s Medical Center) and improvement of the aesthetic look of healthy women and men (that is what I do in my Aesthetic Clinic).
The search for aesthetic improvement is motivated by a psychological cause. This cause has to be well understood prior to the aesthetic treatment. I strongly advise you to discuss your wishes with family and friends before discussing them with me.
My guidelines for aesthetic treatment are:
1. Beauty is an internal feeling. You look great ! There are no Medical Guideline for beauty.
2. I personally don’t think that you need anything. You need to tell me what is it that you don’t like about yourself.
3. I want you and I to understand exactly what is it that you would like to improve.
4. Make sure that you tell me everything about your health and feelings including any psychological difficulties and treatments that you take or took.
5. I will offer you several options. You will choose what is appropriate for your budget and available time off.
6. I try to use as predictable as possible and as save as possible techniques and materials.
7. Medicine and surgery are not precise sciences. The human body is a multi-factorial biological system that is not always easy to predict. You will get from me a detailed description of the risks associated with the procedure you want.
8. I have treated many patients since I entered Plastic Surgery in 1994. This experience helps me to predict problems to avoid and prepare for their arrival.
9. I try to avoid the “let’s fix everything while I am asleep” approach. Many times, the best corrections are made by making several, less extensive, steps.
10. I promise to support you through the whole process and especially if something goes wrong.
Meir Cohen MD
Member of the Israeli Medical Association
Board Certified In Plastic Surgery (Israel Science Council)
Graduate of the University of Toronto Plastic Surgery Fellowship program
Member of the American Plastic Surgery Research Council
Member of the American Cleft Palate and Craniofacial Association
972-3-6134737 , email@example.com